Friday, April 30, 2010

Captain Excellent?

Wow. Even with the information superhighway running right into my own home, stuff manages to get by me. Take the movie Paper Man. I knew nothing about it at all. The first I heard of it was when I opened my Entertainment Weekly this afternoon and found a small picture of Jeff Daniels and Ryan Reynolds tucked away in the movies section.



This movie is about a failed novelist who has a superhero as some kind of imaginary friend. That's all I know. Obviously it's not a major release.



But it's got Ryan "Mr. Scarlett Johansson" Reynolds in it playing yet another superhero, Captain Excellent. He played Wade Wilson pre-Deadpool in the Wolverine movie, and he's filming the Green Lantern movie. Of course, he's built like a lean superhero, so its no surprise he's typecast. What? You think I can't notice this? In the EW Iron Man 2 interview, even Jon Favreau notices. He eggs on Scar-Jo saying, "And then there's your husband Ryan Reynolds -- you could do your laundry on his tummy."



She answers, "And we do..." The guy's cut. There's no denying it.




Yes, rumor has it that's the Reynolds Green Lantern uniform.

No comments: