Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Share My Pain


I haven't been able to get this song out of my head. One of the downsides to Jack-FM coming to my hometown...

Jessie's Girl
Jessie is a friend, yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine
And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

CHORUS:
You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that

I play along with the charade, there doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty when they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably mute
'Cos she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

CHORUS
Like Jessie's girl, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman, where can I find a woman like that
And I'm lookin' in the mirror all the time, wondering what she don't see in me
I've been funny, I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love supposed to be
Tell me, where can I find a woman like that

(Solo)
You know, I wish that I had Jessie's girl, I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I want Jessie's girl, where can I find a woman like that, like Jessie's girl,
I wish that I had Jessie's girl,
I want, I want Jessie's girl

Would you believe the Official Rick Springfield website includes the "warning:"
Some material might be inappropriate for people who don't know how to rock.
Yikes.

Yikes.

6 comments:

jrf said...

Uh oh.
Next time it might be The Safety Dance...

Holy Mother Eph said...

I'm not sure why this song is so catchy. It gets stuck in my head too, but I hate it. My husband was so hurt when he found out. I told him the lyrics and premise of the song are stupid. This guy thinks this girl is so hot, but he doesn't even use her name in the song. Part of the song that stands out is that, "she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it". He just wants to have sex. I just think it's a shallow song. That fan website is funny.

jrf said...

But you hit the nail right on the head. It's catchy because it captures an artistic truth about the male libido. It's much deeper than it intends to be. It's more profound than Springfield has a right to be.

And the guitar riff rocks!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about calories in mozzarella cheese
. You can check it out at calories in mozzarella cheese



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about play roulette and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about play roulette so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

Anonymous said...

jrf, found your site when searching for love spells for marriage. Read some thiings, seemed like a cool site, but now I have to keep looking for more info on love spells for marriage. Good distraction to my day though, thanks. Keep up the good work!