Sunday, August 14, 2005

40K Fan Art


These ladies are Sisters of Battle, one of the many WH40K armies. I have a small army of these tough ladies. When my wife asks me, "What are those?" I tell her they are fighting space nuns. Wacky? Yeah, I agree. You have to get sucked into the whole WH40K thing for awhile before you accept fighting space nuns without laughing. So go ahead, laugh... Anyway, the Sisters are a hard hitting force of shooters equipped with bolt guns and power armor. Their weakness on the playing table is their close combat ability. No staying power in the fray. If a tougher foe gets stuck-in with them, these ladies usually get routed. This second picture is really good. Nice line work and drafting. He really should try to break into comics are book illustration.



I found a lot of art online this weekend. The spirit moved me to post a boatload of pictures. Scroll through whatever you don't like. I did write an editorial about humility in martial arts that might interest a few of you. There's some cheescake, some beefcake, a car review (well, sorta), some movie news, and well, the usual craziness... Enjoy, Dear Reader!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicks in armor! Cool

Anonymous said...

Got any pics you would like to share of wh4k that you have painted?

jrf said...

Pics of my models?
I might be able to master the technology of my digital camera to the point that I could post some pictures of my Army inside the next couple of weeks...

Thank you for asking.