Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Is Your Day Just Not Exciting Enough?

Wanna be a slick, cool, superspy? Do you enjoy driving fast, a good punch-up, and the chance to put holes in things with high-velocity firearms?

Is "Danger" your middle name?

OK -- if not "Danger," how about "Fun?"

Covert OPS Adventures runs a Walter Mitty-style adventure camp catering to your James Bond Finale fantasies. From the moment you step off your flight, to the trip to the surplus CIA Training Camp, to the day you use your new skills to rescue your assigned hostage (Who, I am sure, is guaranteed to be beautiful) you are treated and trained as an unstoppable special mission operative with a license to paintball. They teach crash courses in evasive driving, hand-to-hand combat, and combat pistol shooting. And all your instructors are ex-Special Forces types. ("Sof" for the initiated among you...)

So it's just like being a real spy, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. Do they screen these people or do they just take the money and "train 'em up"? It's bad enough with people taking martial arts and thinking they are good(personally, I'm currently more dangerous to myself than to others after 6 years), but now yer givin' em guns and telling them they know what they're doin'. Ach du meine lieber Gott!!!!

jrf said...

I don't get the impression that too many people walk away from the weekend really thinking they're able to leap tall buildings like a real he-man Ranger.

But maybe I'm wrong.

And, I hope, if a group of suspicious people with funny names all show up at once, they should have the good sense to alert the FBI.

Anonymous said...

What counts as a funny name?

Anonymous said...

Actually, I just did this for my family vacation. The wife and kids really excelled in the shooting and tracking classes. This program made me so motivated, that when we returned home, I immediately started a neighborhood watch in my area and now get to run missions on my block every night, looking for all kinds of malcontents in my neighborhood. It rocks. The karate training in the program was a little cheesey though. I mean, my wife can really take a punch but she pretty much laughed at the teaching cadre's inability to punch her up. She really held her own against them. The special mission at the end of training was really good. The instructors said that my kids went a little overboard but I would expect no less from them. OORAH!!!!!

jrf said...

yikes.