Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Alyson Hannigan

I know it's not true, but I feel like I know Alyson Hannigan. I don't really. I know the character, Willow Rosenburg, that she played oh so well for seven glorious seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I invited Willow over to my house once or twice week for almost a decade. I own every season of the TV series on DVD. I watched Willow grow into a young woman, fall in love, and find herself. I laughed with her, and yes, I cried (don't laugh).
So, way back when... I heard Alyson Hannigan was making a movie. A comedy. Something called American Pie. I watched it on video, and I was horrified. Who knew that Alyson was a saucy little minx? And I never knew a flute could be used in such ways...
Up until then, Alyson was the girl next door for me. In a way, she was like my kid sister. Sure, I thought she was cute. But I never thought of her "that way." Jeez. I feel so dirty.
Not that I was stopped from posting these naughty little pictures for the rest of you. I'm a little bothered that they go a step beyond my usual standards of "tasteful" but hopefully you'll sense the horror I felt when I discovered Alyson wasn't the good girl I thought she was.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make sure my 12" GI Joe figures aren't mackin' on my Willow action figure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

jrf - You just like the school girl look, The catholic school girl look.

jrf said...

Yeah. So what?
Don't you?

Holy Mother Eph said...

Hmmmm...an action figure? What for? Role-playing?

jrf said...

Uh, no.

I have all the Buffy action figures from Sideshow Toys. My Xander (complete with removable eyepatch) is coming next week. It's a secret vice of mine.

Well, not so secret anymore.

But I assure you that it's as innocent as a nun at an ice cream social.

jrf said...

I just wanted to mention that my Xander Harris action figure (with eyepatch and Sunnydale High yearbook accessories) arrived yesterday. Now I'm waiting on my Subway Spike... Which might actually occasion a post about the Buffy episode the figure is based on.

God, I miss Spike.