Wednesday, August 17, 2005

More Nessie News


Well, I stretched a little to put in the Nessie news over the weekend, but then I came across a slew of stories...

It seems that Channel Five in the UK decided to have a little fun with tourists. They commissioned animatronics experts to build as lifelike a plesiosaur as possible. Then they submerged this thing in Loch Ness without telling anybody. You can't get away with this kind of thing here in the United States. Read about it here, here, and here.

Back in July, they ran a triathalon in the Scottish Highlands that included a swim across Urquhart Bay, a frequent Nessie spotting site. Whether it was for publicity purposes or prudent planning, the organizers took out an unusual form of insurance. I hope they got a good rate.

Finally, you can say what you like about whther or not anything unusual is currently living in the Loch, but there is no further dispute about ancient residents of the area.

1 comment:

Holy Mother Eph said...

The subject of a seventh grade research paper I did was entitled "Loch Nessie: Fact or Fiction?" I got an A. I still love this odd stuff!