Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Give till it hurts... Or else!


My friend Victor, editor of a small town, Rhode Island newspaper, has a knack for getting the best stories. It doesn't hurt that he makes the assignments.

Victor has a weakness for kitsch, beer, and "dames." He's kind of a throwback that way, but I love him anyway.

Here's a story about how he took one for the newsteam and attended a fundraiser that included an all-girl roller derby team. Beer: check. Kitsch: check. "Babes": double check.

The girls in the attached photo are not the same ones that were featured at the fundraiser, but the pic was exactly like what I imagined the event must have been like when I read VPA's article.

Tough gig he has...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought is was a hoax but I came across this site It has a crossover to the comic line. Maybe Wonder Woman is buried somewhere in there?

Holy Mother Eph said...

I'm angry about fundraisers right now, so I shan't comment on this except for that I wish there were more Greek people out here with restaurants. All the Greek places around here are cockroach factories.

jrf said...

"AGAFan"
=
"All Girl Anything Fan," perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I think I dated a couple of those broads in high school.