Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back to School



I'm thinking of going back to the groves of academe to do a little more post-graduate work. Sure, I've already got a list of degrees that puts nice little letters behind my name when I want to sign pretentiously. But I can always use more.

I've been having a hard time choosing a program. My interests, as you can tell, range all over the place. But somebody turned me on to this school in Massachusetts that sounded very promising. It has a wide range of unique programs found nowhere else in the world. Some cutting edge research has been performed at its Medical School. Its rumored to have some strong connections to the Department of the Navy R&D programs. The Archeaology Department has some interesting excavations in out of the way locations.

Its athletic program has never been distinguished, but I don't count that as a major drawback. I've never been much of an athletic supporter. I'm more interested in the library, which has a number of extremely rare books in its collection. I think the opportunity to do some very interesting research is excellent at this institution. I'm going to apply today for the fall semester. It seems they have a diverse student body with many interests, talents, and backgrounds.

I should be able to get my degree in no time.

7 comments:

Holy Mother Eph said...

It's a Harry Potter fan's dream come true: an actual school of witchcraft and wizardry! You had better check the accreditation of the degree to make sure it's trasferrable, in case you decide it's not right for you, however, I've heard that with such groups, once your in, death is the only way out.

That Necronomicron is absolutely puke inducive. It seems the curriculum of the various colleges keep referring to it. A quick glance at the manuscript of it and my mind quickly related it to something my church refers to as secret combinations. The idea is that just as God organizes his church through covenants and oaths, so does Satan. Satan is always copying what the Father does. These secret oaths and covenants have been passed down through records and according to the Book of Mormon, "are had among all people." It really freaked me out when I saw one of the little hand signals is a sign of Kish. Two of the leaders of secret combinations talked about in the Book of Mormon have similar names. One is Kishkumen and the other is Akish. They were evil people who made oaths with Satan and others of their group to commit secret murders and other horrible sins to get gain in their society. That would be really funny if this is the official(but secretly, of course) university of Satan.

Anonymous said...

Ma'am,
Respectfully, I am a student at M.U. and I assure you that I am not a worshipper of the devil, either knowingly or unknowingly.

Your judeo-christian gods are nothing in the face of the masters of Narlathotrp, Azathoth, and Cthuhlu!

Anonymous said...

If you are trying to transliterate the unspeakable name of the Black Pharoah into English, the proper spelling is:

Nyarlathotep

Just my 2 cents.

And remember, "Shop smart, shop S-mart!"

Holy Mother Eph said...

Nobody would openly admit being a devil worshipper. People just laugh because it's difficult to believe in the reality of such an entity. Hell, even I laugh and I believe he's real. It's his favorite deception to lead people to believe he's imaginary, that there is no devil. So why is the credo of your school, "From Light To Darkness"? I'm sure you realize the barbarism of making a book out of human skin!? Is it required reading and do you actually have to perform the indicated ceremonies in your campus worship? Just think about what is written in the book. The ceremonies cite frequent references to darkness. So what if the names of those you worship aren't exactly named Satan. If you look at what that stuff is saying, then you have to know somewhere inside your heart what you are choosing. Those evil minions of Lucifer have some puny power, but they tremble and cower before the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Truly, I don't know everything about your school Mr. Herbert West, but you don't have to be Einstein to conclude there's something a little spooky about that place.

Anonymous said...

When I was a small boy, I had a journal that was bound in genuine calf skin. I wrote my secret dreams inside.

When they said "calf skin," I always assumed the meant "a young cow," but now I wonder if they meant something else.

I think its all BS.

Anonymous said...

Do they have a film school? I'd love to see their Special Effects Department.

Anonymous said...

Geez. You cant be sirius. thats phoney.