Thursday, July 09, 2009

Please direct your attention...

to a couple of blogs found at the left in the Blog Roll.

Low Tech Combat has an excellent primer on the difference between "alpha male" fighting and "Predator" fighting; or what you might call the difference between a bar fight and stalking Al Qaeda. (BTW, just who is this Al Qaeda guy I keep hearing about?)

Aliveness 101 hasn't been updated in over a year, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. This is Matt Thornton's blog. Mr. Thornton (he deserves to be called mister) is the principal exponent of the Alive Theorem of training. Just what is Alive training? Well, if you don't know, you should be reading what he has to say and trying to figure out if and how it applies to your own martial arts training. Please feel free to let me know what you muse out over the Alive Theorem.

If you're wondering what happened to part two of The Paper Chase experiment... I haven't given up on it. I had been thinking and carefully drafting my thoughts on the matter. However, then I read an article by a highly respected martial artists and author that changed my opinion completely. So it's back to the drawing board... I will return to The Paper Chase. But if you've got ideas, please feel free to comment in that post. The answers definitely depend upon your views and experiences in martial arts. I think there are lots of completely wrong answers, and several different shades of right answers. Although I'm going to now agree that koryu practitioners will only have one correct answer for the problem...

BTW, has anybody been following the Koga Ryu controversy? Check out the kogaryuninjutsu blog at left for a quick update, then get yourself over to Martial Talk, Martial Arts Planet, and Bullshido's Japanese forum to watch the fireworks. It's VERY surprising and worth keeping an eye on if you -- like me -- get a kick out of anything "ninja" related.

No comments: