Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God Bless the Warchowski Brothers

Before reading any further, understand that back in the 80's... I actually paid to see Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja in the theater.

The metaphorical body hasn't even hit the floor yet on GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra and I'm already looking forward to the next wave of the New Ninja Boom: Ninja Assassin, brought to you by the Warchowski Brothers. This is a modern-day story and re-hashes the basic plot of orphan trained to be the premier assassin in a clan of assassins, but now on the run from his adopted family. Mayhem ensues.

Let me emphasize something at this point: MAYHEM ENSUES! Even the crew refers to this as a "strange side project."

This is not high drama. It is not art. It is -- I kid you not -- the reappearance of Sho Kosugi in a ninja movie. Don't hate on Sho Kosugi. It's an excuse to kick people in the face, and then disembowel them with a katana in the name of good, clean fun.

Yeah. I have a strange idea of fun...

2 comments:

MuSsang Jaeger said...

I cannot wait for this movie.

jrf said...

Oh, shut up and eat your awesome!