Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Edinburgh tours

When I was in Edinburgh, Scotland ten years ago, I took a ghost tour of the city. (Would you expect anything less?) I made a mysterious discovery when I developed my photographs. There was a looming presence -- lecherous even -- in every photo!

It was my traveling companion, a guy named Wink, who was trying to cozy up to the extremely beautiful tour guide in her black lace, gothic gown! Since she was standing in front of all of the legitimate tour sights (and not objectionable to have in my photo) she was in nearly every shot. But getting Wink in the picture too was a funny bonus.

Anyway, ghost tours are a fun way to learn history. And Edinburgh had plenty of "haunted" sites. Maybe we'll talk about them someday.

2 comments:

Holy Mother Eph said...

Ghost stories are my favorite "weird" subject. And Scotland is number 2 on my list of places I wish to someday visit. Why did you go there? It's not really a highly coveted destination, is it? When I worked in Zion National Park in Southern Utah I was always amazed at the concourses of people from all over the globe that would spend vast amounts of money to travel to this little known spot to see a bunch of red rocks. I wondered how they could be sufficiently satisfied with the exchange. That's probably why I've never been anywhere. So take me on a ghost tour of Scotland.

Anonymous said...

I spent a night in Edinburgh once with a woman who scared the bejeezus out of me. It took all the skill of an Arashikage to fend her off.