Wednesday, November 02, 2005

NCIS

I'm turning into such an old man. I find myself tuning into NCIS every week. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I enjoyed Magnum PI when I was a kid (I still shock folks at the breadth of my knowledge of Magnum trivia), and yeah, I liked JAG for more than just Catherine Bell.


Anyway, I was discussing (lamenting) the change in brunettes on the show at lunch the other day. Poor Kate (played by Sasha Alexander) was shot in the head at the close of last season. This season, in a move that seems to defy logic for those of us who remember the Jonathon Pollard espionage case, the character has been replaced by a Mossad agent (played by South American actress Cote de Pablo). I know, you're curious why this move defies logic. Well, part of the Naval Criminal Investigation Service's mission is naval counterintelligence. Bringing a Mossad case officer into close, continuing access to the NCIS investigations is a little like putting the fox in the hen house.
But no matter, Cote de Pablo is kinda hot. Which is what got me in trouble at lunch. So I promised the ladies I was dining with that I would include pics of Mark Harmon when I blogged about this.

Sorry, Mr. Harmon, you're beefcake, but you're no Sasha Alexander or Cote de Pablo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but CBS lost me with the countless spinoffs and copycats of "CSI". I will watch "CSI MIami" and from the looks of this posting, that is where the cheesecake is

jrf said...

Damn it, not CSI,but NCIS!!!!

And we'll get around to posting pics of Emily Proctor, don't worry.

Anonymous said...

It is still a copycat, and....



They killed of the closest thing to a hottie.

Of course ask TG (our Semper Fi friend) about those guys in the Navy. 100 men go in, 50 couples come out

jrf said...

I don't know... Cote gets my motor revving every time she talks about assassinations and such in that accent of hers.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet that NCIS guy is a fag magnet.

jrf said...

Wow.
That's real insightful. Please take your potty mouth and latent homoerotic tendencies to another blog.

Holy Mother Eph said...

Sorry jrf...that was me. I have to confess to clear my conscience. I knew the comment was edgy, which is why I didn't attach my name, but I didn't mean to offend. The other day my husband made a similar comment about some other pretty boy celebrity and I couldn't stop laughing. It's just something I've been noticing lately that some male celebrities seem to attract more men than others. A month or so ago I was browsing through Wesley Crusher's blog(can't remember his real name) and it had several comments from some non-traditional sexually oriented people. Since then we've been listing celebrities we think would have lots of such fans. So I wanted to try the comment out, but a part of me knew it was too nasty. You have to understand too, that I attended a university that was the mecca for nearly all the gays and lesbians in the state of Utah and having been hit on more than once, I felt like such a magnet at times. I put the comment way down here so no one would see it, but you saw it. You must have that email comment notification thing activated. Don't be mad at me. Sorry.

jrf said...

I'm not mad. I actually thought it was one of my knuckle-dragger, real world friends and was tweaking him with the latent comment.

And I suspect you're right about Mark Harmon.