Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Forgive me, Father. I am but a worm...



I just have to share my delight in receiving my long awaited Kurgan action figure from Sideshow Toys.

The mighty villain from the first (but lamentably, not the only) Highlander movie stands an impressive 13 inches tall. He comes dressed in faux black leather and is equipped with his imposing double-edged broadsword.

The headsculpt is accurate for actor Clancy Brown, but the grimace makes this film fan realize how much acting Mr. Brown really did with his expressions. One of the great things about the Kurgan was his absolute glee in doing his dirty work. Here was a villain who relished his job! He smiled much more often than he snarled.

My complaints are minor: The Sideshow exclusive version's extra was the decapitated head of the Immortal Moor, Kasimir. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing for the movie's signature trick, the briefcase containing the break down longsword. (Sure, it was unrealistic from a swordmaking point of view, but it was a great visual gag!) The uncovered right arm looks a little scrawny with all the joints exposed.

Yes, action figure collectors are all aflutter waiting for the full-battle armor version of the figure.

All in all, a great addition to the jrf collection. Now, I'll need to be on the lookout for some 1/6 scale nuns for him to menace...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are nun actions figures out there. Just few and far between.

Anonymous said...

I had some pretty cool pet worms from Seti-Alpha 5.

Anonymous said...

Yes you did, you evil genious you.

Anonymous said...

Oops typo on genius.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that the Catholic Schools identifies their teachers by what they can do...


Nuns and Lay Teachers!

Anonymous said...

Lay teachers? What am I? A 13 horny guy who wants to pass 3rd period math? I wish my teachers were as hot as the ones getting hooked up for sexing their students today.(except for that pig who was just lately in the news. I guess stiff junk has no standards) Anyway.... death to the stupid tool who blew up his buddy's spot when he was doing a supermodel teacher. Jealous loser!!!!

ps. tossing salad is not near as fun as fishing on the bay (with duct tape).

Anonymous said...

Where do they find these hottie teachers? When I went to school in the 1970's all the teachers were old ladies. I think my third grade teacher was a nurse durring the Civil War.

jrf said...

Can somebody please tell me how we got from innocent action figures to prison inmate schoolyard fantasies?

Anonymous said...

Why does it need to be "Prison Inmate"?

Anonymous said...

The transition was relatively easy. If you'll follow the thread, it was at the point when the word "lay" was taken out of context. Eh-heh, heh-heh..I said "lay" heh-heh...

Excuse me I need to take my medication.

jrf said...

"Easy to follow transition" my sweet Aunt Ida...

I notice none of you pervs choose to comment on the warm, wholesome past time of WH40K wargaming. No, you'd rather wallow in your filthy fantasies.

Pull yourselves out of the gutter for just a few hours of the day, please, gentlemen.

Anonymous said...

We do. Just not the few hours when we read this blog. And to be sure, all are not gentlemen here.