Sunday, December 09, 2007

Thieves, and some brief Administrative Remarks...

It recently came to my attention that at least one person living in the ether of the Internet has cut-and-paste whole posts of mine onto his own blog! (You'll have to scroll down apiece if you click that link.)

Let me say that theft is one of the sincerest forms of flattery. I'm glad you think so much of my posts that you have taken them -- without my knowledge or permission -- to share with your friends and readers. In the future, at least have the courtesy and decency to attribute me, or link back to my blog rather than leave the impression it is your own work.
Next, let me remind everyone of my regular readers -- my personal friends, in other words -- that this is why I maintain a certain... shall we say, discretion about names, locations, and (of course) affiliations. This blog is read more widely than we may realize, and it is open to the public. I'm very aware that anyone determined to learn more about me (or us) has a number of tricks and tools at hand, but let's not make their jobs any easier.
I also want to take a moment to reiterate that my thoughts and words are the results of my experience up until this point in my life. You might think this goes without saying, but I am always learning. One thing I learned a long time ago is that I do not know it all. This is particularly true of Martial Arts, where imperfectly passed information can be hazardous to somebody. Often, my posts will sound for more confident and sure than I actually am. Nobody likes a wishy-washy writer.

I am prepared to entertain calm, reasoned debate if you believe a fact or opinion or analysis is incorrect. Telling me, "You suck, and your martial art is a joke" will only amuse me. We may make fun of you in return, or we may simply ignore you until you go away. Being ignored is worse.

I also encourage you to research anything that interests you. As I am always researching my interests, I find my opions are always changing. So don't expect me to say exactly the same thing all the time. I should be consistent only in so far as the best information available always me to be.

Thank you, and we now return to regular blogging...

No comments: