Monday, May 09, 2011

New, Full Length Conan the Barbarian Trailer

Okay, as you know, I've had my eye on this one for awhile. And you must also know that I've had some serious issues with the buzz surrounding this.

But I'm willing to say that this trailer LOOKS pretty good.

Emphasis on the word "looks."

There are plenty of great looking movies these days. Take Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3, for instance. I love to watch -- note my choice of verb -- those movies. They are not great stories, and are redeemed mostly by Johnny Depp's astounding character work.

The new Conan movie "looks" promising. I will probably go see it. But I'm still very guarded about the story.

On the other hand, I recently saw the Solomon Kane movie and I was willing to give a free pass to some of their changes to the character based on how the production design succeeded. It looked like Solomon Kane's world and James Purefoy was excellent. I'm vainly hoping for a sequel that will take him deeper into Africa.

No comments: